- 3 1/2 cups flour (I used 1/2 spelt and 1/2 whole wheat)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup sucanat
- 3/4 cup EVOO
- 4 large organic eggs
- 4 cup juicer pulp ( I used carrots, apple, spinach and celery)
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 large handfuls of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flours, salt, baking soda and spices.
- In a larger bowl, whist together the olive oil, sugar and maple syrup. Add the eggs one at a time, beating in between each time.
- Add the flour mixture and mix using a spatula until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Add the juicer pulp, pumpkin puree and chocolate chips and fold until just incorporated.
Grease the muffin tins and fill each about 3/4 full. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
The muffins are not light and fluffy. They will be pretty dense, but oh so tasty. Keep refrigerated in a sealed container. Makes about 24 large muffins.
I think I’m going to try these using applesauce at some point.
Do you have any other favourite recipes using juicer pulp?