OK, I just have to share this one with everyone. Once again, not my recipe, but it’s so good that I have to share it here. From www.paleoplan.com
It’s definitely gluten-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, and paleo friendly. I believe even vegan.
While I was making this, the entire house started to smell of chocolate. It was out of this world. I made it in the evening, so I had no trouble falling asleep to the seductive aroma of warm chocolate.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup raw unpasteurized honey
- 3 Tbsp. Camino Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter
- pinch of pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tbsp. 100% organic Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Here is what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 225F.
- Take walnuts and almonds and pulse in the food processor until it gets a coarse consistency. You don’t want to end up with a fine nut flour consistency. Leave in the food processor for now.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the honey with Earth Balance Butter. When melted together, add raw fair trade cocoa powder, a pinch of salt and Vanilla extract. Whisk together until it becomes the consistency of chocolate sauce.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the nuts in the food processor and pulse so that everything is well incorporated.
- Now add coconut and pulse again for a few seconds.
- Spread the entire mixture evenly over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in oven for 3 1/2 hours.
- Allow to cool and then break apart into smaller pieces. I used a large chefs knife to roughly chop it up.
This recipe will make a large container full. Don’t leave on your countertop unless you want to be tempted to snack on the granola every time you walk past it. It’s hard not to, so tasty