Friday, April 8, 2011

My bad

I’m still here.  It’s been a crazy week and I haven’t had ANY time to update my blog.  Every night I kept thinking that I should be adding more entries, but by the time my day came to an end, it was 9:30pm and I was not in the mood.  And as far as food goes, I didn’t do any interesting cooking either.  But I promise that it will get better as of next week. 

The last time I posted I mentioned a hockey tournament.  That was last weekend..and it started last Friday.  I rushed out of work that afternoon, had a doctor’s appointment and then was off to the rink for a 4:30pm game.  We lost that one , but it was really close (2-1).  I ended up staying at the rink because I was scheduled to work from 7:30 to 9:30pm selling bar tickets and raffle table tickets.  Would you believe me if I told you we cashed out with just over $3000.00 in drink tickets alone?  Crazy, I know. 

I was back at the rink Saturday morning for an 8am game.  This one was a 2-2 game.  Unfortunately the other team scored the tying goal with only a few seconds of the game… close, but not enough.  But it was an awesome game..great scoring chances from all of us on our team.  We had our third game of the tournament Saturday at 4pm, so I was only at home for a short period before having to go back to play.  After dinner I went back one last time to sell more bar tickets and raffle tickets.  Unfortunately, we lost our 3rd game and didn’t make it to the playoffs. 

On an unfortunate note, one of our players from another team went down and slid into the board’s feet first.  She ended up breaking her leg and needed surgery to repair her femur.  She is going to be in a cast for the next 2 months while she heals up.  There has been a lot of support from our league, from donating money to making meals.  I jumped right in and volunteered to help with some meals.  The first batch was delivered yesterday, so I cooked up some of this:


Once the weekend came to an end, I was exhausted and sore.  I’m going to miss the games and the wonderful ladies.  But I’m sure that September will be here quicker than we think, so I will enjoy the spring and summer months to their fullest. 

This week I also started riding my bike to work.  It’s been a cold commute every morning (below freezing). Not complaining though…it could be raining.  On top of biking, I started up the running club at my school again this week and am happy to report that about 16 kids (grades 4 to 6) have been coming out to run during their recess time.   Way to go kids… I’m so proud of them.  I will keep you posted on their progress.

Well, time for me to log off and say good night.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and see you all early next week.

With love,


No comments:

Post a Comment