I’ve been living on my own for almost 9 years now and this week was the first time I attempted to make Ribs. Not just any ribs… scrumptious, tender, fall-of-the-bone, melt-in-your-mouth ribs. How’s that for a vivid description.
I made this masterpiece using Moose Meat and the Slow cooker.
Ingredients for the Sauce
- 2 cups organic ketchup
- 1 cup organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup organic sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 fresh oregano leaves – finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. chilli powder'
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the meat on your ribs if necessary. I had a lot of white thick fat on mine that I did not want ruining my meal and I had to remove, as well as the silver skin.
- Add a tsp. of Avocado Oil and heat a non-stick frying pan to high heat.
- Sear the ribs on both sides until golden brown. Then add to your slow cooker.
- Add all ingredients for the sauce.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
The house will soon begin to smell of simmering rib goodness. Allow your senses to become paralysed and prepare your taste buds for a extreme experience.