Thursday, May 24, 2012

Melt in your mouth Ribs

 

I’ve been living on my own for almost 9 years now and this week was the first time I attempted to make Ribs.  Not just any ribs… scrumptious, tender, fall-of-the-bone, melt-in-your-mouth ribs.  How’s that for a vivid description.

I made this masterpiece using Moose Meat and the Slow cooker. 

P1020946

Ingredients for the Sauce

  • 2 cups organic ketchup
  • 1 cup organic tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup organic sucanat (or brown sugar)
  • 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 2 fresh oregano leaves – finely chopped
  • 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp. chilli powder'
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  • Trim the meat on your ribs if necessary.  I had a lot of white thick fat on mine that I did not want ruining my meal and I had to remove, as well as the silver skin.
  • Add a tsp. of Avocado Oil and heat a non-stick frying pan to high heat. 
  • Sear the ribs on both sides until golden brown.  Then add to your slow cooker. 
  • Add all ingredients for the sauce.
  • Set slow cooker to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender. 

The house will soon begin to smell of simmering rib goodness.  Allow your senses to become paralysed and prepare your taste buds for a extreme experience.  Smile

BON APPETIT!

P1020945

No comments:

Post a Comment