A quick and easy hot pot chowder to prepare on a busy night that also happens to be Gluten and Dairy-Free! Bonus!
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 small fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 small sprig of thyme, chopped
- 1 can of corn kernels
- 8oz can of chopped tomatoes
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp. sorghum flour
- 5 cups organic free-range sodium reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of GF noodles, should be small, such as the kinds you may find in chicken noodle soup
- In a large pot heat avocado oil and add chicken pieces. Cook until golden brown, then add onions, garlic and fresh herbs, cooking until onions are translucent in color.
- Deglaze pan by adding the red wine, making sure you scrape all of the good bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the flour and stir vigorously to mix well. Almost immediately add the chicken stock a little at a time, making sure to continue stirring so that you don’t get any clumps of flour in your chowder.
- Add the corn, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Let come to a boil.
- Add your noodles of choice. I used small round thin GF noodles as well as some GF orzo I had.
- Cook until the noodles are al dente and enjoy.