Paleo-friendly, in other words, Gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, high protein goodness.
I’m calling this one a “stoup” because it’s a combination of a soup and stew. The recipe makes enough for 2 people to enjoy, and even some leftovers for the next day. Bonus!
- 1 lb turkey breast, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- pinch of fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8-10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. red Thai curry paste
- 1 tsp. Bragg soy sauce
- 1 can (400mL) reduced fat coconut milk
- Marinate the turnkey in 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, salt, pepper, chilli and garlic for about 1 hour, in the fridge.
- Heat a wok to medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the rest of the coconut oil and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the chicken and marinade to the onions. Continue to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Once the turkey is browned, add the mushrooms, red peppers, soy sauce and red curry paste and continue to cook until the peppers are al dente.
- Add the coconut milk and stir. Cook for another 5 – 10 minutes, or until the turkey is completely tender.
- Enjoy over rice or pasta (if not following a Paleo lifestyle).