So week 1 is almost over (Day 6 today), and so far so good. I’ve been sticking fairly close to the plan, and only had one hiccup when someone placed a nice piece of 75% Lindt Chocolate in front of my nose. But I was good, only had a small piece and my chocolate craving was gone.
The whole idea behind me doing this challenge was to limit all wheat, and I have done that this week, so having a small piece of chocolate really is not going to make a huge difference.
For people that are wondering what a typical day on a Paleo diet may look like, here’s an example of what I had Thursday.
- Breakfast – a green smoothie with spinach, frozen fruit, a Tbsp. of almond butter and Coconut milk.
- Snack – handful of nuts and apple
- Lunch – Roasted vegetable soup and some leftover grilled salmon
- Snack – celery with almond butter
- Dinner – Chicken stir-fry served over 2 cups of fresh baby spinach.
It was rather tasty and very manageable. I love the idea of serving a stir-fry over spinach because it definitely forces me to eat more greens. In the past I would have had some rice to go with the stir-fry, but I was so full after dinner, rice wasn’t necessary.
So tomorrow I’m going to plan out next week’s menus and see what other creative ideas I can come up with to limit wheat. I’m so used to taking sandwiches to work for lunch, which is my biggest challenge as far as meals are concerned. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Would love to try out something new.