Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Back to my home

I must admit being a school teacher has it’s perks.  One of the things I love about my profession is the fact that we get 2 weeks off over Christmas.  My time back home has gone by really quick.  It was great seeing my family and friends again and celebrating Christmas with everyone was fun.  After spending my first week on the mainland, it was time to say goodbye and come back home.

I had one last visit with my good friend and her husband.  DSCN3523We met up Sunday morning (Boxing Day) for breakfast at the De Dutch .  I haven’t eaten there in such a long time.  If you’ve never eaten at one of their locations, it’s worth checking out.  They serve such things as Eggs Benny, Omelettes and of course their famous Pannekoeken, which are genuine Dutch pancakes over 12” in diameter and they have something like 50 different combinations. 

DSCN3524

 I ate the “Windmill" – which has Edam cheese, smoked salmon and a side of Hollandaise.  I asked for a poached egg to go with.  So yummy.  After breakfast I went to visit my grandparents before going back to my parents to back for my trip back home Monday. 

Monday, December 27th was a travel day.  I have to take a 2-hour ferry ride, followed by a 2 hour drive to get back to my house.  I decided to make a pit stop at Costco to pick up some items for the house.  Why is it that every time I visit Costco, I can never seem to spend less than $100?  Things add up quick! Good thing the nearest store is not just around the corner from me. 

I couldn’t wait to get home to see my kitty, my boyfriend and the kids.  Excitement was in the air once again as presents were waiting for me under the tree and I came bearing gifts from Santa to everyone as well.  DSCN3533DSCN3535

 

 

 

 

Ironically, I’ve been eyeing it for the last few months as my Breville Espresso maker died in September and I’ve been espresso-less since then (drip coffee just isn’t the same). My beau must have read my mind.  Thanks hun Smile  

It was a nice ending to a busy day on the West Coast.  Once the kids were in bed, we finished off the evening watching a movie “What happens in Vegas” – a pretty funny movie. 

What do you look forward to the most after coming home from a vacation? 

Cheers

Bea

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment