Saturday, December 25, 2010

Traditional Quebec Christmas

After a very relaxed day in my PJ’s, tonight my parents and I headed to my brother’s house, who hosted our second Christmas dinner.  Since his mom and dad-in-law are visiting from Quebec, we were treated to a traditional Christmas dinner Québec style.  And let me tell you, it was delicieuseWe got to their house around 6ish.  While our hosts were putting the finishing touches on our feast, I enjoyed taking pictures of the Christmas decorations.  I must say they did a great job.

DSCN3513

DSCN3515

DSCN3516

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSCN3519

For dinner, I was served turkey (white and dark meat), meat pie, mashed potatoes, a dish made of turnips and of course gravy.  And not a bite was left on my plate..hmmm Smile 

 

After dinner my brother taught his wife and her parents a dice game (and retaught me because I kind of forgot some of the rules), one that we used to play all the time as a family while growing up.  After a couple of practice rounds, we had a great time.

DSCN3522

Even Clyde wanted to play

I hope that you were able to enjoy your Christmas Day surrounded by wonderful family and friends. I hope that everyone’s bellies are filled with yummy food and drinks. 

How did you spend your Christmas day?  What did Santa bring everyone this year?  Would love to hear some of your stories.

If you are venturing out for Boxing Day shopping tomorrow, I have one thing to say….Good Luck and take along a lot of patience.

Beatrix

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment