Thursday, July 14, 2011

Another Gluten-Free Pizza

It’s been a long time since I’ve had pizza, let alone made it myself again.  Since having started bootcamp in April, I tried to stay away from that type of food, but hey, there is no reason why I can’t make a healthier version myself, right? 

I bought some gluten-free frozen pizza shells, which are individual sized and perfect for a meal.  Once again, I had some chicken thighs in the fridge, so on to the pizza it went. 

For the sauce I used pesto, since I have an open jar in the fridge that also needs to be consumed before it goes bad.  Then I layered the pizza with some baby spinach, chicken and 2 slices of dill Havarti (hmm..my favourite cheese at the moment).

Into the oven it went for 10 minutes on 400F. 

DSCN0220

DSCN0221

DSCN0222

It was pretty good.  I find that the trick with gluten-free crusts is that they get crispy.  By doing so, it’s still chewy on the inside.  I tried making these pizzas on the BBQ the other night, but the crust was crispy at first and then started tasting like stale bread, especially when it got a little cold. 

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week. 

What do you like to put on your pizza?

Bye for now.

Bea

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment