Saturday, July 9, 2011

Protein Green Monster

I’m always trying to add more protein to my meals since I workout almost every day, so I thought it was time to come up with a new smoothie concoction.  I also battle with iron deficiency, so sneaking in as much greens as possible into my smoothies is also an important factor for me. 

So I came up with this bad boy…..

DSCN0193

Once again I threw together a bunch of ingredients into my Vitamix, but I did write them down as I went along. 

To the Vitamix, add…..

greek_Plain

 

The Yogurt is awesome…I am addicted to this brand because it’s so hard to find Greek Yogurt that does not have a ton of sugar and additives.  It’s kind of pricy, about $4.50 for the tub when it’s on sale, but I eat in moderation.  The awesome thing about it too is it has a whopping 18g of protein per serving.  Another bonus point for this yogurt.twister-superfood

This is my other special ingredient.  It contains a blend of 3 super foods:  hemp, cacao and maca.  Hemp is an excellent source of protein and those healthy Omegas.  Cacao is just plain antioxidant awesomeness and gives the smoothie a great taste.  And maca is great for us women, as it benefits the endocrine system.  I can’t think of 3 better ingredients to add to my smoothies every day.  Plus, once scoop adds a great taste and loads up the protein content of the green-monster. 

DSCN0192

I really didn’t feel like slaving over a hot stove or BBQ tonight, so I made me one of these for dinner.  A great go-to option when a sit-down dinner just isn’t in the cards. 

Enjoy and let me know how yours turns out.  What other ingredients do you add to your smoothies? 

With love

Bea

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment