Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It’s been forever…

Hello all you lovely readers and bloggers,

It’s been just over a month since I’ve had time to sit and update my blog.  When I first started it over Christmas time, I had all good intentions to blog almost daily, but that task is much harder than I had anticipated.  Life gets in the way and next thing you know, it’s a month later. 

So I am back again..hopefully this time I can keep up with a couple of entries a week.  I’m officially on summer holidays and have the next 2 months to do what I want.  I’m hoping that blogging will be part of the adventures.  I’m going to start with a recap of my June. 

1.  School/work ended on the 30th and let me tell you, it was a busy month.  I did not really get a chance to do much cooking..mostly boring foods since it was such a busy month.  I took my kids on a year-end day trip to a wonderful place called Strathcona Park Lodge.  They cater to all groups of people and offer wonderful programs for schools and the general public.  The weather wasn’t too bad for us.  It drizzled a bit, but all-in-all, we got lucky and the kids had a blast.  We played some team-building games before canoeing to a little island for exploration and lunch.  After lunch, we canoed back to the lodge, took a walk to a bog (very cool) and finished the day challenging outselves on a low-ropes course.  A few of the kids even braved the chilly waters to go for a swim.  Brr.


2.  I also had my colonoscopy and gastroscopy, which was not a very pleasant experience at all.  The actual procedure I really don’t remember, but the prep was horrible.  The hospital wanted me there around noon on a Tuesday.  This meant that I had to begin prepping Monday.  All day Monday I was aloud to only consume clear liquids, and nothing of the blue, red or purple variety.  I drank lots of green tea, apple juice and clear broths to keep my belly full.  Then at 3pm I had to begin drinking 4L of Colyte, which is a bowel cleanser.  I had to consume 1 glass every 10 to 15 minutes until it was gone.  The taste was horrible… the best I can describe is fruity tasting Baking Soda.  I plugged my nose and drank it through a straw to avoid getting the taste in my mouth, but instead straight down my throat.  About an hour and a half after starting it, my stomach cramped off and then I spent the rest of the evening in the bathroom.  But at least my bowels were completely cleaned out.  I was allowed to continue consuming clear liquids until midnight.  When I woke up Tuesday morning, I was starving, but was no longer aloud liquids until after my procedure.  Once everything was over and done with, the surgeon informed me that everything looked fine and that I should consume way more fibre than I currently do… I am to take Metamucil daily as well.  At least I know my insides are in good health Smile

3.  Bootcamp is continuing to go well.  I am continuing to see great results.  I found out this morning that I won a Gift Certificate to our local Health Food store through a draw I entered every time I attended a class.  It’s not much, $33, but will help.  I can stock up on my Vega smoothie protein powder again Smile

I’m going to leave you with some pictures of my month of June.  They include some sights of my town that I took pictures of during a biking scavenger hunt a few weeks ago.  It was so much fun.  Looking forward to taking part in the scavenger hunt next year.  DSCN0036





beach fire

beach fire2

buster park


Isn’t the little Bambi adorable with a capital A?  It’s one of two that comes to visit me almost every day.  I took this pictures when she was right outside my kitchen window…. I could have reached out and touched it.  Baby must be just a couple of weeks old. 

Hope to be back soon with new eats and new adventures to tell about.

With love,



No comments:

Post a Comment