Sunday, March 6, 2011

Childhood Comfort Food

Today I planned on having a fairly relaxing day… the sun was shining again and it felt like an early spring day.  When I woke up this morning I decided to make the Breakfast Pizzert again from yesterday morning because it was so yummy.  Even my friend Rebecca tried it out this morning and enjoyed it. 

After spending the morning relaxing in my PJ’s, calling my mom to wish her a Happy Birthday, drinking a latte and listening to music, I headed out the door to enjoy some of the sun.  Unfortunately I did forget my camera and my cell phone, so no pics…sorry guys. 

I also headed to the store to pick up some avocado that I forget yesterday and a bag of dog food for Buster.  He also got a little treat today…it definitely kept him busy for at least 4 hours.  He was so cute, so I took the opportunity to snap some photos of him.

DSCN4421

DSCN4428

DSCN4432

DSCN4434

DSCN4435

Since it’s my momma’s birthday today, I decided to make a little something that she used to make us when we were a kid.  This dish is traditional in Southern Germany, the region my parents grew up in and where I was born too.  It’s called “Dampfnudel” which literally translates to “Steam-noodle”.  In other words, these are dumplings that you cook/steam in some milk, sugar and butter.  They are then served with a rich vanilla sauce.  Definite comfort food for me. 

DSCN4445

DSCN4446

DSCN4447

DSCN4449

Looks tasty, don’t it?  I can vouch that it does… I remember having these when I went to Germany a couple of years ago.  I left them in the pan just a tad too long, but was scared to open the lid because that’s a big NO-NO when making dumplings.  Oh well.  Will post the recipe soon.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and I will see you back in the next couple of days.

With love.

Bea

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love Buster's precious face!!! And um, I think I love your steam noodles too... they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete