Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Does Mother Nature have ADD?

I’m really not a big fan of report card season.  Unfortunately it does go with my job.  I kind of left mine until the last minute though since I got sick a few weeks ago and the date once again crept up on me.  So my last few days have been quite boring and very tedious.  I’m just now taking a break since I can actually say I’m 3/4 finished and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Should be done by Friday..yeah Smile 

As for other things going on…. the weather is worth mentioning.  It all began yesterday.  Yesterday and today we were bracing for a winter wallop.  The weather office was calling for strong winds overnight and into this afternoon…hurricane force winds in fact, with gusts of up to 120km/hour.  All I could think about were the many trees behind my house as I live at the bottom of a ravine.  So before going to bed last night I took a look out the window…and what did I see?  SNOW !!!!  10 – 15 cm overnight…yikes.  The forecast never called for any snow…so now we were looking at high winds, heavy snowfall warning and cool temperatures…. Great ! 

And this was the scene this morning…..

DSCN4399

Lots of snow and the wind was really howling out there.  No ocean pictures to share with you, but the waves sure were amazing. 

It was already raining when I woke up and the temperatures had already began to rise.  It’s a good thing I have an SUV because the roads were just miserable.  The snow was very very heavy and slushy and there were major puddles (or more like lakes) on the roads.  Throughout the day the winds actually died down and the hurricane gusts we were supposed to get missed us.  It wasn’t as bad as we were expecting. 

And by the time I drove home this afternoon at 4pm, the sun was shining and most of the snow was gone.  Only on the west coast of BC does this stuff happen.  I have never seen snow disappear so quickly. 

What was a nasty winter storm this morning turned into a beautiful spring day this afternoon.  I’m not sure about you, but I”m done with winter weather and am ready for Spring…and Summer of course Smile 


Nothing new on the food front either… I made myself a big pot of Butter chicken yesterday.  It’s the same dish I’ve made many times if you care to see the recipe.  For some reason though…this batch was extra hot.  You can find it under the recipe’s page. 

DSCN4395

DSCN4396

Time for bed and an early start tomorrow.  My student teacher officially begins her first session tomorrow.  She’ll be doing a drama activity.  I know she’ll rock it Winking smile

I’m planning on making something with a leg of lamb at some point before the end of the week, so keep checking back. 

Bea

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, I can't wait to see your leg of lamb recipe! My family grew up eating quite a bit of lamb!

    ReplyDelete